- Only full-time students registered with the National University of Singapore (NUS)
- International students (non-Singaporean/Singapore PR) are required to have the appropriate and valid
passes as issued by the Immigration & Custom Authority (ICA) or Ministry of Manpower (MOM)
the course of their stay in an NUS accommodation.
- International students are assured accommodation in their first two years of their studies in NUS
subject to the submission of an accommodation application. However, please also note that this
is only valid for semester 1 applications submitted within the stipulated exercise periods.
- Students are required to be insured under the NUS student insurance scheme or its
equivalent throughout their stay in an NUS accommodation.
NUS hostels fees are reviewed and adjusted periodically to reflect the cost of providing housing to students. For more information of the latest hostel rates review, please click here
Please note that you are not eligible to stay in any NUS accommodation if
- You are no longer of full-time status (e.g. on Leave of Absence, withdrew or
graduated). Instead, 7 days’ notice will be given for you to vacate your room except under
- You have outstanding arrears in your accommodation accounts
- Your official status is designated as a Graduate student
For incoming freshmen and non-TH resident seniors,
- You will need to apply for a place during the stipulated exercise periods, and put Temasek Hall as your first choice. Application dates can be found here.
For current residents,
- You will need to reapply for your NUS accommodation each year, and also put Temasek Hall
your first choice. Selection will be based on availability and the prevailing Residence
Admission Scheme (RAS)
, which is mainly based
one’s contributions to the hall in the previous year.
- Please note that overseas SEP/NOC students are not assured of accommodation upon
return to NUS. Allocation will be based on the prevailing admission criteria.
For more information on application for NUS accommodations, please refer to http://nus.edu.sg/osa/has.
Last but not least, to apply, please use the following links:
Students without NUS Student Card
Please visit https://uhms.nus.edu.sg/Pre-Matstudents and log
in using NUS application number and password or PIN.
Students with NUS Student Card
Please visit https://uhms.nus.edu.sg/students and log in
using your NUSNET ID and NUS password or PIN.